Did you know that there is a whole lot of strategy involved in writing descriptions for your products or services so that it reaches more eyes?
And it applies to a wide range of e-commerce platforms including Etsy, Shopify, Square Space, Creative Market…anywhere you list your products (or services in some cases!).
So in this episode I want to give you tips on how to use SEO and keyword research to improve the chances of your listings showing up in search results.
Little Pearls of Wisdom
- [02:00] One of the biggest factors in discoverability is SEO—search engine optimization.
- [05:00] Keyword research example for someone who sells watercolor prints for nurseries
- [07:32] In the product title, include broad keywords but also niched ones that have less competition.
- [08:46] To get started with keyword research, head to UberSuggest.
- [14:46] Are there other ways to describe the product? Paper type, envelope, etc. Include those in the description.
- [15:55] Go to Pinterest for even deeper keyword research to get some creative additions.
Subscribe & Review
If you had an ah-ha! moment or learned just ONE new valuable bit of information, I’d be so grateful if you would leave a 5-star review and tell me what you love most about this podcast. It’s a HUGE motivator for me to keep creating this for you. In addition, it helps our raking in iTunes so that more people discover this show.
And to make sure you never miss an episode (including any pop-up bonus episodes), click here to subscribe on Apple iTunes!
Episode 62: How to Make More Money on Creative Market
Episode 24: E-Commerce Sites and What To Do When You Make No Sales
Episode 58: Pinterest Hacks that Will Make You and Your Work More Discoverable
Episode 76: Before You Hit Publish on a Blog, Do This First
Episode 51: 5 Reasons I Sold ZERO Semi-Custom Invitation Sets