Let’s talk good website copywriting tips. Do you ever stare a blank cursor wondering what to write? Or maybe you have the general idea but it’s just not coming out quite right?
Well, my friends, in this episode I’m giving you my 10 best website copywriting tips. These 10 tips will instantly elevate your website, grab the attention of your ideal customer and convert them into leads, customers, clients, etc.
That’s the goal, right? You want to inspire action—whether it be signing up for an email list, booking for your services, or purchasing a product.
But it also doesn’t have to feel like one big disingenuous sales pitch. You can write authentic copy that serves and makes real connections with your audience. Let’s dive in.
Little Gems of Wisdom
- [02:30] Tip 1: Keyword research for blogs is your BFF (grab the freebie below!)
- [06:25] Tip 2: Optimize your website and avoid slow loading times, broken links, and typos.
- [09:04] Tip 3: Inject your (or your brand’s) personality into everything you write!
- [10:30] Tip 4: Gather and use testimonials from real people.
- [11:49] Tip 5: Use active (not passive) voice—it can feel more engaging and personal.
- [12:45] Tip 6: Make your copy skim-able with short paragraphs, concise sentences, subtitles, bold text, and links.
- [14:17] Tip 7: Learn to make powerful headlines.
- [16:12] Tip 8: Make it feel like a conversation to really connect with your audience.
- [17:08] Tip 9: Use short and common words rather than long and formal words.
- [18:38] Tip 10: Incorporate scarcity in sales copy which creates urgency for sales, webinars, workshops, etc.
Subscribe & Review
If you had an ah-ha! moment or learned just ONE new valuable bit of information, I’d be so grateful if you would leave a 5-star review and tell me what you love most about this podcast. It’s a HUGE motivator for me to keep creating this for you. In addition, it helps our raking in iTunes so that more people discover this show.
And to make sure you never miss an episode (including any pop-up bonus episodes), click here to subscribe on Apple iTunes!
Take your website copy to the NEXT LEVEL with my brand new e-course: SEO Crash Course
- FREE Pinterest Keyword Research Guide
- Headline Analyzer by CoSchedule
- Email Subject Line Analyzer by CoSchedule