Wondering what it takes to create the business you’ve always envisioned?
Do you have a clear vision of what you want your life and career to look like? Not just a general idea, but a really clear picture of your day-to-day life.
Especially in the early days of being a business owner (but it really applies at all stages), mindset work is huge and having a three-year plan can be a game-changer. That’s why I’m super excited to introduce you to Kelsey Murphy.
Kelsey is a life and business coach who helps you redefine success and create a business and life that you love. She’s worked with amazing businesses from Facebook and Twitter to industry thought leaders like Marie Forleo (my icon!) and nutritionist Kelly LeVeque. Her coaching work has been featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Huffington Post, LiveStrong, Living Healthy, LaurenConrad.com and more.
When Kelsey’s not coaching, she hosts the popular podcast Whisky and Work full of comical advice on navigating the waters of business life and relationships. On her other card it might say she’s a snowboarder, an eater, a dreamer and fresh air addict, which I can relate to all of those things. We are total kindred spirits.
I had a bunch of ah-ha moments during this episode which is why I’m beyond excited to share it with you. And one of her top 2 tips (what she said was “the thing” that finally started moving the needle in her business) happens to be my word of the year. *goosebumps* Tune in and find out what it is!
- [03:21] Kelsey had a great corporate job but wasn’t fulfilled…and she felt guilty about it.
- [08:33] Marie Forleo taught Kelsey that you can have a business where you prioritize people, show up in a way you’re proud of and still make multimillion dollars.
- [12:28] Kelsey prepared to transition out of her corporate job by writing a three-year manifesto and envisioning her ideal life.
- [14:21] Career pivots don’t happen overnight. It takes time to create and connect with a community.
- [15:12] Kelsey really felt like she found her calling after spontaneously going to a random free seminar in London on her vacation.
- [19:34] It took her a solid 2 years to find her stride and during that time, she picked up advertising freelance jobs to help with finances.
- [31:37] A yes/no list can help transform your mindset around failure and benchmarks.
- [38:09] Perfectionism can actually disguise insecurities about the way people think of you.
- [41:20] Don’t know where to start? Write a three-year manifesto and really simplify your business.
Subscribe & Review
If you had an ah-ha! moment or learned just ONE new valuable bit of information, I’d be so grateful if you would leave a 5-star review and tell me what you love most about this podcast. It’s a HUGE motivator for me to keep creating this for you. In addition, it helps our raking in iTunes so that more people discover this show.
And to make sure you never miss an episode (including any pop-up bonus episodes), click here to subscribe on Apple iTunes!
- Free Download: How to Plan Your Business
- Instagram: @kelseymurphy
- Kelsey’s Podcast: Whisky and Work
Episode 9: Tips for Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
Episode 3: My Story: From Side Hustle to Thriving Business
Episode 5: What No One Tells You About Being Your Own Boss
Episode 29: A 7-Figure Licensing Program?! How Dabney Lee Got Started in Licensing
Episode 33: From Secure Job to Fill-Time Artist with Carly Kuhn