Need an email marketing overview?
Are you scratching your head wondering if email marketing is worth the time and energy investment? Does an email list help you grow your business?
Short answer: YES.
Email marketing is alive and well. Have you given up on email for your e-commerce store or blog for reaching your ideal clients and instead turned your focus to selling through ads and social media? If so, it’s time to start some life-saving procedures on your email strategies pronto.
Strategic email marketing is one of the most engaging and cost-effective ways to build personal, profitable relationships with your customers.
Related post: 5 Steps to Create Your Annual Promo Calendar
In this episode, I’m meeting you at the starting line and giving you the email marketing overview you need to get it started for your business.
Little Gems of Wisdom
- [03:41] Shoppers are hungry for one-on-one relationships with brands that care about them, their habits, and their interests.
- [05:57] Effective email marketing has a very tangible return on investment. The intangible (and more priceless) measure of a good email is how it made customers feel.
- [07:22] Email marketing is so important because it’s a versatile marketing tool and billions of people use it!
- [10:35] Engagement and conversion rates are higher than any marketing platform.
- [12:37] Email builds trust and personalization makes people more likely to shop with you.
- [16:25] There is such a thing as a bad email, so it’s important to follow best practices and consider: engaging and accurate subject line and preheader, personalized content, relevant timing and frequency, neat design, enticing imagery and copy, accessibility, mobile-friendly formatting, GDPR compliance, and call to action.
- [23:19] Don’t forget about subject lines—they are just as important (if not MORE important) than the copy within your email. Write a subject line and header that fit, put the important details first, stir up emotions, and stay true to your brand.
Related: The Importance of an Email List
Subscribe & Review
If you had an ah-ha! moment or learned just ONE new valuable bit of information, I’d be so grateful if you would leave a 5-star review and tell me what you love most about this podcast. It’s a HUGE motivator for me to keep creating this for you. In addition, it helps our raking in iTunes so that more people discover this show.
And to make sure you never miss an episode (including any pop-up bonus episodes), click here to subscribe on Apple iTunes!
- FREE TRAINING: How to Start an Email List (Expired but check out my free 5-step Checklist for Email List Building!)
- ConvertKit* (email service provider)
*This is an affiliate link which means that I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps me be able to produce free, valuable content for you. Thanks for your support!
- Email Statistics Report by The Radicati Group, Inc.
- Learn Email Marketing: Everything from List Building to Advanced Lifecycle Automation by Shopify
- Personalization Pulse Check by Accenture
- What Email Subject Line Length Works Best? by Marketo
- Email Marketing Benchmarks by Mailchimp
- Is Your Inbox Asking You to Unsubscribe? Don’t Panic. by Litmus
- 164 Best Email Subject Lines to Boost Your Email Open Rates (2020) by Optinmonster
- The 2017 State of Personalization Report by Segment
Episode 7: How I Grew a Six-Figure Stationery Business
Episode 16: 5 Steps to Create Your Annual Promo Calendar
Episode 4: Instagram Algorithm Got You Down?
Episode 24: E-Commerce Sites and What to Do When You Make No Sales