How many hashtags are you using? Are you using popular ones or niched ones?
If you find hashtags confusing, you’re not alone!
There’s so much conflicting info and research about Instagram hashtags, so get out your notebook and let’s get a tangible game plan to navigate the hashtag dilemmas.
In this crash course, I give you the best tools I’ve found that helps accounts of ALL sizes.
Related post: Simple & Effective Instagram® Strategies with Hairstylist Jamie Dana
Little Pearls of Wisdom
- [02:00] Instagram allows 30 hashtags—how many should you really use?
- [03:22] How to find good hashtags? Step 1: Find 5 big accounts in your niche.
- [03:55] Step 2: Go to Ninjalitics and you’ll find their 30 most used hashtags.
- [04:30] Step 3: Go to Social Insider and discover the average best performing hashtags.
- [05:33] Step 4: Start a spreadsheet with these hashtags from your research
- [06:44] Make sure you’re not editing your hashtags after the post goes live.
- [09:00] Always be testing (stolen from Sarah, my Marketing Manager)
- [09:50] Why we use hashtags at all
Subscribe & Review
If you had an ah-ha! moment or learned just ONE new valuable bit of information, I’d be so grateful if you would leave a 5-star review and tell me what you love most about this podcast. It’s a HUGE motivator for me to keep creating this for you. In addition, it helps our raking in iTunes so that more people discover this show.
And to make sure you never miss an episode (including any pop-up bonus episodes), click here to subscribe on Apple iTunes!
Episode 53: Simple & Effective Instagram® Strategies with Hairstylist Jamie Dana
Episode 4: Instagram Algorithm Got You Down?
Episode 58: Pinterest Hacks that Will Make You and Your Work More Discoverable
Episode 20: Social Media Boundaries to Adopt to Protect Your Mental Health