Have you ever felt a lack of inspiration and motivation and just utterly burnt out?
I have. More than once, too. And these feelings are especially common in the creative community with all the noise and competition.
Burnout can affect more than just your work—it can impact your relationships, sleep, mood, and health. (I speak from experience.)
In this episode, I give you my best 5 tips for getting more clarity, direction, motivation, creative inspiration, and excitement back to your work.
Little Pearls of Wisdom
- [02:30] Burnout can last minutes, days, or even seasons.
- [03:10] Tip 1: Go outside, go for a walk, be in nature, get vitamin D, move your body.
- [04:50] Tip 2: Do a SWOT analysis to help eliminate unnecessary work and delegate more.
- [07:35] Tip 3: Manage and get control of your thought life (aka mindset) and manage stress. Breathe.
- [11:05] Tip 4: Forget balance and find harmony—find something that feeds your soul. The harmony is different for every person and every season
- [13:35] Tip 5: Schedule free time and non-negotiables.
- [16:10] It’s all about building habits and sticking to them. Yes, even if you’re type B like me.
Subscribe & Review
If you had an ah-ha! moment or learned just ONE new valuable bit of information, I’d be so grateful if you would leave a 5-star review and tell me what you love most about this podcast. It’s a HUGE motivator for me to keep creating this for you. In addition, it helps our raking in iTunes so that more people discover this show.
And to make sure you never miss an episode (including any pop-up bonus episodes), click here to subscribe on Apple iTunes!
Episode 44: Ask Jenna Anything
Episode 28: How to Make the Right Hire
Episode 20: Social Media Boundaries to Adopt to Protect Your Mental Health
Episode 16: 5 Steps to Create Your Annual Promo Calendar
Episode 39: The Effects that Stress and Posture Can Have on Your Health with Dr. Bill DeMoss