Do you set goals for your life or business? And here’s an even bigger question…do you typically hit those goals?
Because I know a thing or two about setting goals and not hitting them…or forgetting them…or changing my focus (thanks, ADD). But it can happen! Life happens and pivots are common—sometimes even essential.
Over the years, I’ve learned a few things about goals and in this episode, I share with you my favorite resources and tips to help you stay on track.
Little Pearls of Wisdom
- [01:20] I highly recommend the books Traction by Gino Wickman and Rocketfuel by Gino Wickman and Mark Winters for solopreneurs and entrepreneurs.
- [03:15] Step #1: Write out your core values and create goals that align with those values.
- [05:25] Step #2: Identify your core focus—your niche and passion.
- [07:00] Step #3: Develop a 10-year target.
- [08:45] Step #4: What sets you apart from your competition? Do a SWOT analysis.
- [11:25] Step #5: Decide 1 big goal for this year and then break it down even more into 30-90 day goals or rocks.
Subscribe & Review
If you had an ah-ha! moment or learned just ONE new valuable bit of information, I’d be so grateful if you would leave a 5-star review and tell me what you love most about this podcast. It’s a HUGE motivator for me to keep creating this for you. In addition, it helps our raking in iTunes so that more people discover this show.
And to make sure you never miss an episode (including any pop-up bonus episodes), click here to subscribe on Apple iTunes!
- DOWNLOAD: Jenna Rainey LLC Core Values
- Traction by Gino Wickman*
- Rocket Fuel by Gino Wickman and Mark C. Winters*
*This is an affiliate link which means that I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps me be able to produce free, valuable content for you. Thanks for your support!
Episode 3: My Story: From Side Hustle to Thriving Business
Episode 67: What It’s Really Like Working for Jenna Rainey with Kelly Martin
Episode 16: 5 Steps to Create Your Annual Promo Calendar
Episode 73: How to Plan Your 2021 Promo Calendar
Episode 57: The Power of Niche Marketing with Tom Ross and Mike Janda