I’m a firm believer that your morning routine can set the tone for your day—personally and professionally.
So when Jennifer Cook of Minimal and Well asked me to be part of her Power Morning speaker series, I was pumped.
I’m super passionate about wellness and over the last 8 years of owning my business, I’ve experienced how morning habits and what you put in your body affects your mood and mental clarity.
And it’s important to remember that it’s an ongoing process that looks different for everyone! My morning routine gets tweaks about every quarter depending on what my body and soul needs in that season.
For those of you who are struggling to find inspiration in the morning and sustain that energy throughout the day, this interview is for you!
- [02:20] First thing in the morning includes an oat milk latte and a walk outside with my son
- [03:30] I used to listen to podcasts in the morning but now it’s soothing music to relax my mind.
- [05:20] My morning routine gets adjustments every quarter depending on what I need.
- [06:20] I try to start my work day by painting and getting in flow state, similar to meditation.
- [08:30] I’m a type B who thrives on structure.
- [11:30] I’m a morning person, especially as a mom and business owner.
- [13:30] Traditional meditation is difficult for me with ADD, but instead I do meditative activities like doodling and walking.
- [18:15] As an early business owner, I did an audit of time and determined what I could outsource so I could get my energy back.
- [22:00] I share tips for those who want to start a creative practice—create before you consume.
Subscribe & Review
If you had an ah-ha! moment or learned just ONE new valuable bit of information, I’d be so grateful if you would leave a 5-star review and tell me what you love most about this podcast. It’s a HUGE motivator for me to keep creating this for you. In addition, it helps our raking in iTunes so that more people discover this show.
And to make sure you never miss an episode (including any pop-up bonus episodes), click here to subscribe on Apple iTunes!
- Minimal and Well by Jennifer Cook
- My Spotify playlist
- “My Stroke of Insight” — TED Talk with Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor
- My free Floral Watercolor ebook
- My YouTube channel with loads of tutorials
Episode 3: My Story: From side hustle to thriving business
Episode 19: Looking Back on Our First Year as Parents: Myles Turns One
Episode 20: Social Media Boundaries to Adopt to Protect Your Mental Health
Episode 39: The Effects That Stress and Posture Can Have on Your Health with Dr. Bill DeMoss
Episode 56: Mom & CEO: Can You Be Both?